Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Harry Potter - Book Seven

I have long been entertained by JK Rowling's Harry Potter universe. While I myself gain considerable enjoyment from reading the series, I have never had the interest or the time to spend endlessly theorizing over what may happen next, and was more than slightly bemused to stumble across the so-called 'shippers (those who fancy a particular romantic pairing). These 'shippers can be violent!

However, after visiting some more mature sites, I discovered that there are adult fans who can discuss the books intelligently. Upon reading some intelligent arguments over what has happened and what may be coming in the final book, I actually wrote up a small effort of my own to address what I believe may occur in Book Seven "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows". The complete essay will hopefully cause no lessening of enjoyment, but it will be interesting to see which of my predictions, based solely upon my reading of the series, will come true or not. And if I am completely wrong, then I shall laugh at my own temerity in attempting to predict an author's choices and enjoy the read along with Ms. Rowling's many other fans.

In any event, we now have roughly two months and twenty days to wait for the release of Book Seven. May it be worth the wait!

No comments: