Friday, February 17, 2006

Even the Dems Can Get One Right...

...if only for cheap partisan reasons. I see that the Democrats are planning a bill to block the purchase of port services in several major US ports by a Dubai gvernment-owned company.

My reaction is an immediate 'GOOD!'. While I still do not believe that the Democrats are serious about security, I don't think that the Bush Administration is either knowledgable or serious about border control either and this is merely another example of it. Having American ports controlled by a non-US company from a region which has already demonstrated extreme hostility to America and American interests is a very bad decision in my opinion. Hopefully President Bush will come to his senses and use his Presidential authority to block this proposed purchase before it goes any further.

Both Michelle Malkin and Ed Morissey are on top of this story, as usual. Where is the MSM?

Hat tip to Matt Drudge.

No comments: